Tuesday 14 June 2011

Why Ethiopia Stayed Behind (Part II)


by Timothy Kalyegira
October 2, 2002


But you ask a young person to roll up his sleeves and give a hand to cleaning up the streets of Addis Ababa, or do some manual work, rather than embarrass the country by begging visitors and tourists, and he will feel insulted about being told to do manual work.
One girl in Kampala invited me to visit her at a time I was so busy. I kept trying to make it to her place but couldn't somehow find the time. One day when I think her patience was exhausted, she rang me at home and blasted me with the words, "What's wrong with you!" I tried to explain why I had failed to turn up, but by then, her temper was already in flames. Continued

No comments:

Why cows may be hiding something but AI can spot it

  By Chris Baraniuk Technology of Business reporter Published 22 hours ago Share IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES Image caption, Herd animals like...